WESTFORD, Massachusetts – October 3rd, 2014 – Starting on Friday, October 3rd, 2014, Witch’s Woods, New England’s Premier Haunted Hayride and Halloween Screampark, will open every Thursday through Sunday night through the month of October and closing night November 1st, at Nashoba Valley Ski Area, in Westford, MA.
Many people are unaware that deep in “The Woods” of Nashoba Valley, exists a dark and terrifying secret! According to an ancient legend, a coven of witches met secretly each October to practice their powerful magic. Their one sacred task was to guard an ancient “gateway” that held back the dreaded creatures of the night. Despite the coven’s best efforts, the evil presence has inevitably grown too strong. The Supernatural creatures now roam the woods freely in search of helpless prey to drag into the night. The authorities were called in, but not a single trace of their bodies was ever found. Are you brave enough to journey aboard “The Haunted Hayride” and discover the legend of Witch’s Woods?
A cast of 170 characters comprised of local professionals, students, and contractors will transform into some of the most scream-inducing ghosts, ghouls, beasts and zombies every night. Amazingly, this transformation of actors takes place each night, in just over an hour.
The whole family can enjoy a night of monsters and memorable moments. “Halloween and Haunted Houses are a New England tradition in the fall season. Witch’s Woods takes this concept and transforms this tradition into family entertainment for all ages,” says Al Fletcher, President and General Manager of Nashoba Valley Ski Area. “The cool thing about Witch’s Woods is that it is a new Witch’s Woods every single season. Costumes change, set designs change and attraction themes change on an annual basis, to give the place a whole new feel each season.” Fletcher noted this strategy has worked well for the past fifteen years, since Witch’s Woods’ inception.
Spook-tacular attractions and exhibits at Witch’s Woods include:
- Nightmare Mansion –The Ski Lodge at Nashoba Valley Ski Area is transformed into a super-scary haunted mansion, with its chilling inhabitants waiting behind every corner to drive you out of their dwelling. New This Season: Computer – Generated Imagery will be incorporated in several scenes this year in Nightmare Mansion. “CGI” is most commonly used to refer to 3D computer graphics used for creating scenes or special effects in films and television. There will be several scenes in Nightmare Mansion that will incorporate these effects.
- Castle Morbid –“Exorcism Gone Bad”– Terror takes a new twist in this Medieval themed Haunted Castle. Your worst fears await and you may never escape!
- ALL NEW Keeper’s Crypt 3D-“A Three Dimensional Nightmare”– 3D glasses truly take the Keeper’s Crypt to a horrifying dimension, making it tough to escape the land of the living dead in this Creepy, 3D Nightmare! All new theme and scenes this season!
Witch’s Woods Haunted Hayride – All New Scares, Screams and Scenes this Season!Our signature attraction at Witch’s Woods is a 20 minute thrill ride right out of your worst nightmare that brings you face-to-face with Witches, Werewolves, Zombies and other dark creatures along the trail. Packed with all new scares, screams, and scenes, get ready for New England’s Premiere Haunted Hayride.
- Giant Animatronics – Watch out! Massive animated creatures, including a giant mummy, a huge fly, a gargantuan spider, giant vampire bats, a demon slayer, and an alien beast can be found around the Witch’s Wood’s grounds.
- Jack O’Lantern Jamboree – Every night, hundreds of professionally carved pumpkins will illuminate Witch’s Woods.
- Horrorwood Chamber of Chills – This is Hollywood at Witch’s Woods. This exhibit pays tribute to horror film icons past and present. Chucky, Freddie, Norman Bates, …… the Gang’s all here!
Carnival Rides and Games – Test your luck at The Carnival Games and win fun prizes or try one of the rides. The Pharaohs’ Fury ( a pirate ship ride) amusement ride will be at Witch’s Woods for the entire month of October. After Columbus Day, get ready to scream on the All New Arctic Blast- A Full speed, open top, Himalaya attraction. Witch’s Woods Haunted Hayride – All New Scares, Screams and Scenes this Season!
Witch’s Woods Killer Thriller Stage Show Live Performances (Hourly-60 minute shows)
- Hosts: 5 New MCs— New this season, 5 different MCs will add their own flare and host this entertaining hourly stage show with audience participation to win fun prizes, including skiing and tubing tickets. Stay to the final show act and pay homage to the King of Pop, Witch’s Woods “Killer Thriller” style.
- The Time Warp… “Rocky Horror Picture Show Style”
- Terrifying Trivia
- The Glorified Air Guitar Contest – Selected participants will “air jam” on the Main Stage to win.
- Five Freaky Fire Performers – Watch Fire Poi, Fire Hooping, flaming whips, fire staff twirling and dazzling displays and daring feats with fire, in an on the edge show. Don’t try this at home!
- Killer Thriller/ Dance Off – Audience participants will show off their ghastly and ghoulish moves out on the Main Stage in a dance contest to win prizes.
Halloween Bash, October 25th, at The Outlook Restaurant and Lounge:
- Live Entertainment featuring – One of the popular bands at The Sunset Tiki Bar and Grill over the summer, will be up at The Outlook Restaurant and Lounge, rocking the night away. Band starts at 8pm.
- Extravagant Fireworks Display – For over 25 years, Nashoba Valley Ski Area has worked with Atlas PyroVision Productions to create Fireworks shows over the mountain. Show fires at 10pm.
- The Annual Halloween Costume Ball and Contest – Get creepy and kooky with your Halloween Costume and head up to The Outlook Restaurant and Lounge to win fabulous prizes. Contest only for Adults 21 and older. Our team of Ghouls and Beasts will roam the room, looking for the best costumes. Judging takes place just after midnight.
The Outlook Restaurant
The Outlook Restaurant and Lounge is a year round establishment at Nashoba Valley Ski Area which features savory steaks, fresh seafood, and pastas in a rustic setting with a view. The menu and specialty drinks change with the seasons and compliment the lifestyle of our customers. The restaurant will have some life-size, custom made horror movie characters displayed throughout the venue and every night the staff is dressed up in costume in the spirit of Halloween. Live music will be offered every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night in the Outlook Restaurant and Lounge.
Fun for the whole family! The ticket window opens at 6:30 pm, with the last ticket being sold at 10:30 pm. The park stays open until everyone gets through! Parking is always free. Tickets to Witch’s Woods are $33.Advanced discount tickets are for sale online only, at scary low prices. Frighteningly low rates are also available to groups of 15 or more. Reservations for group rates must be made 24 hours in advance. To purchase tickets for groups go to [email protected] or contact Witch’s Woods Group Sales at 978-692-3033.
Corporations and Groups can experience a terrorific group outing at Witch’s Woods, if you dare. Enjoy a fun filled “Fright Night” with a Ghoul-may Buffet and Spirits, catered by the Outlook Restaurant and Lounge. For more information on catered corporate events email [email protected] or call (978) 501-4700.
WITCH’S WOODS AT NASHOBA VALLEY SKI AREA PREPARES TO SCARE
New England’s Premier Haunted Hayride and Halloween Screampark will thrill Visitors
Throughout the Month of October… Celebrating 15 years!